We already know that inability to manage our time properly and being unaware of the most effective time management techniques can cause being always late and making other people disappointed with this bad habit. Sometimes we fail to do the things in the most effective way and we tend to lose our time for doing something that can be done much faster. In the worst situation, we’re spending our time and efforts on trying to get everything done as fast as possible and fail to figure out what can be the best way to get everything accomplished on time.
Below, check out the list of 5 most common ways we usually spend our time in not too very effective way, that leads to stresses, inability to succeed and achieve, lower self-esteem, and…being always late.
1. You avoid asking for help. Most of us do not like asking for help of other people in order to feel being in total control of what we are doing. If you feel that you can do everything yourself, it may have an impression that you can avoid stresses and be more powerful. However, asking for help of other people can help you not only complete your job faster, but also receive better quality results, because other people can be more experts in something. For example, asking a stranger about a place you are looking for in an unknown area can help you save hours from searching the place you need.
2. You look for ways to do a job with less efforts. Sometimes we do not feel like giving out 100 per cent of efforts for doing some task or a job, so we start spending our time for looking for ways to procrastinate, to avoid doing the job, or doing it half-heartedly and without any enthusiasm. At the same time, it is usually possible to mobilize all the efforts and do the job in no time, but we do not see that and spend days to procrastinate. Keep this idea in mind when planning your daily tasks and thinking over your time management abilities.
3. You are convinced that this is not your job. The above mentioned idea can be applied to this situation as well. Sometimes we think that this is not our job to do what we are supposed to do, and we’re spending days for thinking over who to delegate it to, or how to avoid doing it. Do not waste your time and be sure that sometimes even unrelated jobs can be yours to handle.
4. You spend so much time for useless emotions and talks. Getting involved in useless dramatizations or explanations always takes a lot of time, and an ability to organize your work with minimum talks, emotions, delays, or preparations, will help you save a lot of priceless time.
5. You do not take time to rest. It is a common notion that a good office worker must always be busy. That is why most of office workers quickly master the technoque of “looking busy”. That is why social networking or surfing the Internet are the most common activities in the offices which are not overloaded with work. However, remember that we all need breaks in order to maximize our efficiency and productivity. That is why taking 5-10 minutes of break every 2-3 hours is absolutely useful and normal, and such kind of short breaks will help you in improving your time management skills, will assist you in avoiding wasting your time and become a good tool to achieve more success.