We already know that inability to manage our time and plan the things we must do for a certain period of time is one of the most important reasons of tardiness and being always late. Effective time management is a very important skill which can make many people happier and more successful, and some specialists believe that learning to spend our time in the best way is even more valuable than the amount of money we receive. “People often make career choices based on how much money they envision they can make now or in the future. Surprisingly little thought goes into how they will be using their time — whether they can control their time, who they will spend their time with and what activities they will spend their time on,” says one of the specialists at the Stanford Graduate School of Business.
Below, you can check out 5 easy steps to making your time management more effective.
1. Keep your schedules under control. In our times of extremely busy life, both for children and adults, it’s very difficult to do the things we need to do even within 24 hours of the day. It is crucial to keep control on your time, create realistic schedules and avoid constant running behind the schedule. Also, taking a couple of minutes for relaxation, transcendental meditation or breathing exercises will help you in substantially enhancing your abilities to control your time and be effective and concentrated on your daily tasks since the morning till night.
2. Be attentive to your daily activities and responsibilities. It is very important not to try doing everything at once or mindlessly trying to complete this or that assignment, but choose carefully what you are going to do during the day. First, you should do the things which must be done this very day, like paying bills or making appointments at work. Then, you should plan other important things and activities, which are less urgent. Effective planning skills are crucial!
3. Learn how to “invest” your time in the best way. Consider that your time is your most valuable asset, which you need to invest very carefully and with a lot of consideration. Many will agree that time is even more valuable than money, and you need to learn spending this precious asset in the most effective way. Make the best choices and try to invest your time only in positive and constructive experiences.
4. Plan your being happy and successful. You should anticipate good times and get ready for your being pleased with your own achievements and incomes. By imagining good times in your life, you’re going to have plenty of positive emotions and activate happiness centers in your brain.
5. Connect only with successful and happy people. It is very important not to spend your time with those, who do not care about their life and prefer lazing and going with the flow. It is impossible to be happy and successful in the environment where everyone puts each other down. Therefore, look for the ways to spend your time with strong and happy people, who are proud of their achievements and are eager for more.