I must say that being always late is becoming an easier and a more common practice, maybe because the number of excuses for being late is drastically increasing. “Sorry, I lost my limb right on the way here!” “Oh, those kids, you know – they never let you do anything you need on time.” “My apologies, today’s traffic is just horrible, I was waiting there for a half an hour at least before we moved forward!!” “Oh, God, sorry – I just can’t help being late, it’s something genetic and all guys in my family are just like this!”
Be sure, my dear friends, that being always late has nothing to do with your family habits or the problems you usually mention in all those numerous excuses you are used to cover up your behavior with. Being late is linked with such things as thoughtlessness, laziness, a lack of responsibility for your own life and for the life of other people around you, as well as for certain inabilities or fears. In particular, one of the latest trends in the world of reasons why the people are late is believed to be the fear of coming first and waiting for the opposite side to arrive, which can sometimes be linked to many awkward moments and unwanted situations.
For those who are trying to combat their chronic lateness, who are willing to put some efforts into getting rid of this problem and willing to change something in their life, there are interesting tips to think over.
- Believe that your being always late can never be associated with anything good or positive. Making other people waiting is a thing that will always evoke anger and make you look arrogant in the eyes of other people.
- Never think that other things can be more important than your being on time for a stipulated meeting.
- If you see that you’re getting late and will not make it for the scheduled time, call the people you’re going to meet and let them know that you’re late. It will make you look at least responsible for the other people’s time and help the people who would need to wait for you plan their time in a more efficient way.
- Do not think that coming earlier to the meeting or dinner will make you get bored waiting for the other party. In our epoch of the most advanced technologies, it is possible to take the best of some free time you’re going to have while waiting. You can get a lot of other work done: arrange your further schedule and meetings using your smartphone, read and edit a report, read some online newspapers or other documents, and much more.
- Finally, by arriving to a meeting on time, you’ll get the opportunity to enjoy a stress-free course of the day.