In many cases, chronic lateness develops from inability of a person to stay focused and being ready to becoming more organized. That is why such person is always late, forgets keys and files, forgets to return calls and arrive at meetings, confuses the dates of the appointments and so on. If you are one of those who have problems focusing and keeping tings in mind, here are a few useful tips for you.
- At work, try to keep all your papers in special files with separators. Also, have a special file for all the papers which should be reviewed or corrected. Make a habit of tidying up your table before leaving office every evening.
- At home, try to organize everything and keep everything you use frequently in the same fixed places: your keys, your glasses, your documents and your remote control.
- Keep the things you are using frequently and those things which you do not use frequently in separated places. This way you will save your time for looking for something when you are in a hurry.
- Make a habit of getting ready for tomorrow’s meeting or appointment in the evening. Gather the things you’ll need and prepare your suit or dress.
- Always keep spare keys or gasses at a place you know for the case if you happened to lose those.
- Make your cellular phone be your companion, this way you will always be able to access Internet, use GPRS system in order not to get lost and call you friends for a help.
- Create a print out several copies of a list of the phone numbers and addresses of your friends, colleagues and emergency services.
- Always be aware about what time is it now and how much time have you spent for doing one or another activity during the day.