Not many people are always punctual at work. On average, business people are running behind their schedules for 3-10 minutes, but still they are considered to be quite punctual. Being always late or unable to complete your tasks on time creates a lot of pressure and causes a great number of stresses at work. Therefore, below you can find easy recommendations for those who want to change their approach and be more punctual.
1. Try to find out what exactly causes your tardiness. Why do you leave your house late every morning? Why are you always late with your projects and tasks? Maybe, those are unnecessary drives and urges you can’t resist? Or can it be your habit to stay in bed till the last moment? Monitor you daily activities closely and try to spot 2-4 things that cause you running behind the schedule again and again.
2. Change your attitude. Accept your tardiness as a bad habit that you need to get rid of and get ready for making changes in your behavior. Understand the reasons and get motivated for a hard work on self-disciplining. Start thinking in a rational manner and avoid impulsive actions.
3. Think about the risks connected with your being late and tardy. Understand that the consequences of your tardiness can be really negative and disappointing. Your reputation in the eyes of your colleagues and bosses will not be high, and this can seriously lower your chances of promotion and advancement. Also, the tasks and projects you are involved in will be associated with stresses and late delivery. What to say about possible disciplinary actions and low self-esteem.
4. Learn to plan and prioritize your activities. Planning is something that can help you to become more organized. Also, you should learn to understand, what must be done right away, what is important and has to be done soon, and what should not be done at all. Plan and schedule your tasks and actions even if your day is not too busy. This way you’ll turn planning and scheduling into a habit.
5. Think about the responsibility. Being punctual is closely linked to respect to the time and efforts of other people, to being more responsible and successful, to self-development and personal improvement day by day. Remember that punctuality will bring you excellent reward, today and tomorrow.