Every second we make a choice connected with doing or not doing something. Certainly, these choices have certain influence on our future. Very frequently we have to enter a fight against ourselves in order to achieve one or another important goal. This fight is for making ourselves do the things we do not want to do, or avoid doing the things we would like to do, in order to advance in this life, achieve success, obtain or win something, improve our reputation and so on. In terms of such fight, an effective self-motivation can be one of the most powerful weapons of ours. Below you can find some tips on boosting your self-motivation and achieving your goals.
1. Everything you do and any of your decision should lead to a certain result, directly or indirectly. The way you organize all your activities influences your self-motivation to a great extent. Try to organize your daily routine and activities in such a way that you will enjoy doing everything you have to or decided to do.
2. Try to select the most important ONE goal and work on achieving it without spending your time and efforts for something else. One of the most common mistakes is trying to achieve many goals and doing a lot of not important things to achieve those goals. Too many goals always take too much time to achieve. That is why it is essential to choose only one goal (for the moment) and do everything possible to achieve it.
3. It is very important, especially in small things or actions, to minimize the time between making a decision about something to be done, and actually doing that. If you say to yourself “I should do that”, it means that you set up a goal of doing something for uncertain time. It can unconsciously leave a feeling of something undone and some discomfort connected with this. It is the best to complete the task as soon as it is possible and not to look for the reasons to feed your laziness.
4. Do not think about possible difficulties or obstacles. Instead, think about how useful it will be, the thing you need to do. Thinking about good and positive sides of what you are about to do can be a good self-motivation. You should have a clear picture of what you are trying to achieve, and thinking about your goals will help you to find the most effective ways to attain it.
5. Look for someone’s support. If you face difficulties when doing something, find someone who can help you. Find an apprentice or a partner. However, sometimes it is good to find a competitor: a good competition is a very powerful motivator.
6. Make a public promise to achieve something. Take this responsibility and, if you are a man of your word, you will have no other way but doing what you have promised to do and achieve what you have promised to achieve.
7. Try to find some inspiration. It can be a book or a personal story of one of your friends. Sometimes we feel motivated for doing absolutely impossible things after only listening to a song or watching a movie.
8. Be always sure that you will succeed, and never say to yourself “Oh, I’ll never make it!” If the task you need to complete is very difficult and bulky, try to begin with small things. Every long way starts with a small step, followed by many many other steps, big and small. The main thing is to start. Even if you have a lack of time to move toward your goal, you can spend just 5 minutes every day. Collect your small achievements, one to one, and after every small victory you will feel positive and optimistic. Go on moving along the path towards your goals, step by step. Soon, when you turn back, you’ll see that there’s quite a long way behind you…